Monday, June 1, 2015

I got my packages!!!

President and Hermana Wright with Hermana Stokes and I


Hello everyone,

Well this week was full of meetings. I had clase de distrito,
conferencia de zona and reunion de nuevos. With so many meetings, the rest of the time we were on the go, go, go because of all the people we had to see.
So some interesting stuff that is on the happenings
-well my English is getting worse
- we started English classes at the capilla
- we had a super fun noche de hogar (FHE) with the Tolozas and played dress like a Nephite.
Did Nephites wear sunglasses?




- Had lunch with a Hermana and her conversion story is Alma the
younger. No joke! She is so awesome and the spirit was so strong as she told her story. God is amazing and works so many miracles.
-We have the best investigator ever. Her name is Evelyn and she has already come to church twice and wants to get baptized.
- for a funny story, we knocked on the door of one our investigators, Monica. Her husband answered and he screamed kind of, "ahhhhh" and then he was all like "oh sorry I thought it was my wife" haha we had a pretty good laugh about that.
- and on a spiritual note there are two things I want to share
1. In one of my meetings we talked about "faith without works it dead" How it is important ser y hacer. Which means to be and to do. We cannot simply believe we must be examples of what we believe through our actions, words and thoughts.
2. I love the quote by Neil Maxwell "We cannot do the lords works in the worlds way" We must live in the world and not of it. It is so easy to get caught up in the way of the world but doing the little things like reading scriptures, praying and going to church help us keep on the straight and narrow.
Love you all,
Hermana Showalter

MY LETTER FROM MADDIE
I GOT MY PACKAGE AND OH MY GOSH TIM TAMS (our favorite Australian “biscuit” cookie that they sell at Target now!). I treasured them and savored every bite. Anyways not to sound greedy but for the next one ..some shades under shirts and some staple shirts would be nice. Mom I didn’t bring any scarves or gloves either. Whoops.
THANK YOU THANK YOU
 
I loved the letters and the candy I have already shared with the
little kids here and as you can imagine I have become quite popular.
Tell Aunt Jo thank you as well.
That is awesome that Aunt Jo is going to help and I will pray for you everyday because Read is quite the handful but just so stinking cute. I recommend bribery.

I also got a package from Idaho! Grandma, Aunt Sarah and Aunt Jesalee and your kids – you rock!

YES, I love that quote. ( I shared this quote with Maddie. “Strong eternal families and Spirit-filled homes do not just happen. They take great effort, they take time, and they take each member of the family doing his or her part.  Every home is different, but every home where even one individual seeks for truth can make a difference." Cheryl A Esplin 2nd counselor Primary Presidency ) Mom everyday I see broken families and dysfunctional homes. The quote is so true. Eternal families filled with the spirit do take work but the blessings that are received are well worth the sacrifice. I am so grateful for the blessing I had to have such a choice childhood. Thank you for your sacrifices.
I sure miss ya and a love ya a lot!
Thanks momma,
LOVE YOU
Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment