Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Super Heroes and FIRST BAPTISM!

A late Happy Father's Day to my BATMAN DAD!

Some awesome murals in my sector!


Hola a todos,

Sorry for the late emails but last Tuesday we were informed that our P day would be changed to Tuesdays for the next two weeks. Not really sure why but just a heads up for all. This week was full of activities at the church because the 21st was our ward conference. Tuesday we had a noche de hoga ( Family Home Evening) as a ward. Wednesday was a special youth activity. Thursday was temple visits. Friday was a marriage activity. Saturday was lunch as a ward and Sunday was ward conference. It was a lot of fun and really helped to bring together the ward. 


Big news this week... Evelyn was BAPTIZED on the 21st. That's right I got my first baptism. it was the most amazing experience.  We only taught her for a month and then she was baptized. She was so willing to follow the commitments we extended to her.  Seeing her in all white and getting baptized was the most amazing experience in my life.  Doctrine and Covenants 18 is so true.  Now her 11 year old daughter is taking the lessons and she wants to get baptized. The lord is hastening his work.  I am so grateful to be a part of it.


Yesterday Hermana Stokes was sick so she wanted orange juice but the orange juice they have here has more sugar than any other ingredient. So, you see there is an orange tree right outside of our apartment so my companion wanted to get some oranges.  The only problem was the oranges are really high up.  Well, it so happened to be a huge stick right next to the tree. My companion REALLY wanted oranges so like a good companion, I take the stick and start whacking the tree so oranges will fall.  Well it was a lot harder than it sounds, those oranges didn't not want to the leave the tree. I whacked the tree for ten minutes and I only got five oranges, only five!  Yeah, it was pretty funny.  Picture Hermana Showalter, five foot three inch missionary at ten o'clock at night hitting a tree with a big stick.  My companion thought it was pretty funny!

Today half the mission had a BBQ with our Mission President at a Park.  he leaves this next week so he wanted to do something with us.  Yeah... well our mission leader gave us directions and they were not a 100 percent accurate.  it took us 2 hours to get there.... But that is OK.  We had a BBQ and ice cream sandwiches. We played soccer, volleyball and an egg toss.  It was a lot of fun and it is so sad to see them go.  I will for sure go and visited them in Oregon after my mission.  I hope for all those dads out there they had a GREAT Father's Day.  Dads are the best... Super Heroes!

Love you all!
Hermana Showalter

No comments:

Post a Comment