Tuesday, April 26, 2016

If I was a super hero my name would be BLACK SHADOW!

Hey everyone. Here is the weekly update.

So we have an awesome investigator named Jose Andres he is a 26 year old lawyer who was a Jehovah Witness. He is pretty great. He reads the Book of Mormon and really has an interest in coming closer to God. We invited him to be baptized and he said he needs to pray about it so keep him in your prayers please.

On Thursday we walked a lot. So we played a game where we went back and forth asking questions. One of mine was what would your super hero name be? Hermana Araujo said Hidden Light and I said Black Shadow. I think they have lots of potential.

Saturday and Sunday was Stake conference. My second this year. It rained some more. But on Sunday Nayeli and Saul came to church. They are 14 year old twins from Peru that love the church. It was very inspired and I loved every bit of it. One thing that I want to share is what President Morgan said. He asked us "What are we busy in?" I know that we all have super busy lives but I like his invitation. "GET BUSY IN GOD`S WORK" I think we can all agree that all too very often we are busy in things that in the end just don't really matter. I invite you to do just as President Morgan has said.

And then on Monday, yesterday, we had lots of citas! Finally we didn't have to walk so much. It was sure a nice break and I love teaching people.

Today is pday again. We went to the temple. I was able to do a family name, Ann Snowden. I totally one hundred percent believe what the prophets say about doing family names. Doing this name I felt something that I have never felt before. It was an amazing experience that I will never forget. I invite you all to take family names because I know that you will feel the spirit of Elijah and receive many blessings. Also something crazy is that in the session there was a set of sisters in the north mission. After we left the temple, the gringa sister came up to me and asked me if I was Maddie Showalter. I obviously said yes and in that moment was so confused because I did not know this girl. She went on to tell me that she knows my room mates from BYU. Well it turns out that Sister Moon took my spot when I left BYU. She became the new room mates of my room mates. And she said that she had heard a lot about me. (She didn't say if it was good stuff or bad...) So that was way crazy.

That was my week. I love the mission so much and the mountains are breath taking because  they are all covered with snow.

Always remember "for walk by faith, not by sight" 2 Corinthians 5:7
Have a great week!
Hermana Showalter








No comments:

Post a Comment