Monday, April 4, 2016

Got told this week.. It's the mission Baby, you are going to die."


Hey everyone well exciting news for me. This week were changes and I am leaving Nuevo Amancer. I am doing whitewash #3 and training in Ñuñoa 2. Looks like I might die. No just kidding. I feel like I am on a roller coaster but like in the beginning before it starts because I am excited but also scared. But as Hermana Sarmiento says "It's the mission baby, you are going to die!"
So my week was THE BEST. Here is what happened:

1. We have an elderly couple named Elias and Herminda. They aren't married but want to get baptized. So we asked Hermana Marisol to get an hour for their wedding thinking that it would be in a few weeks or maybe even months and last Thursday that she found a date for March 30th and that the only other available dates were for July. I think I almost fainted because when she told us I thought there was NO WAY that Elias and Herminda would be willing to get married in 6 days. Well, in the end they are getting married on Wednesday and then going to get baptized on the 30th of April!!  And even though I left the sector I get to go to their wedding!

2. One day randomly we passed by an old investigator but the number didn't exist. We asked someone who lived on the street if they knew Ximena and they pointed to a house. Ximena wasn't there but her daughter, Camila, was there and she told us that she was a member. She went on to tell us that about 2 weeks ago she had the desire to go to church but in the end didn't because of her son. We invited her to church and offered to pick her up. She came on Sunday. I sat next to her and she told me that when she saw us at her house the only thing she wanted to do was cry and hug us because we were the answer to her prayers. It was a moment that I will never forget because I know that God is mindful of everyone of his children.

3. We made s´mores with Judith. They weren't quite as good as the ones at home because here they don't have graham crackers. But hey you got to do what you got to do.

4. We went to the temple and did a tour with another less active named Camila and it was great. I love the temple so much!

5. The elders had a baptism on Saturday. Carlos Pino. It was a really nice baptism and Carlos even bore his testimony.

 6.Happy Easter. I didn't really do anything special but I did eat a chocolate egg. Oh and the missionaries did the a special number. Now I know you all are thinking "Maddie sings? hmmm I never knew" my answer to that is I don't sing but I did it for a great cause.

Well I love you all. I hope you had a wonderful Easter and I hope you see the miracles that happen in your life everyday.

Hermana Showalter





No comments:

Post a Comment