Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Loving the sunny weather but it is raining inside our apartment!


Hey everyone here are the weekly highlights of another fun week!

1. I am going to start with the spiritual. In zone class I learned about how we need to apply the healing power of the temple in our lessons. It was an answer to my prayers because lately I have been pondering how I can talk to people about the temple who have broken families or don't have families or who don't want to be with their families. I have been so focused on forever families that I have forgotten to talk about how we can go to the temple for peace and answers. It was a good reminder that the temple is much more than a place where people get married.

2. The pipes broke in the apartment above us so on Wednesday it was raining in our apartment. We were literally using umbrellas inside.

3. 34 DEGREES LIKE EVERYDAY (90's for you Americans). They say that summer is going to last until may or June! So if I don't make it home in august it is because I melted. ( I think I have been around Latinos too long because I am becoming very dramatic)

4. We had a family home evening on Lehi´s dream and it was pretty cool.

5. Hermana Mabel had her baby and named him Dario Chavez.

6. Hermana Rodriguez and I made pizza today.

7. So we had this reference named Maria. So we decided to pass for her. She was super great and receptive so we are getting ready to invite her to be baptized and then she gets up and whispers in our ears that she was already baptized! But she hid it from her husband but she wants us to visit her again.

Everything else is going well. I love you all and I hope you guys have an amazing week!

Love,

Hermana Showalter

1 comment:

  1. I am always glad to hear from you! How was the pizza? I bet it was better than we have here. That woman who was already baptized probably wanted to continue exposing her husband to the Spirit. I thought she would need her husband's permission to be baptized...guess not. Miss you Hermana Showalter. We are proud of you.

    ReplyDelete