Tuesday, March 15, 2016

It's been a YEAR!


MY WEEK
 

1. Splits with Hermana Acedo. We walked and contacted a lot but had a great day. Colo Colo(soccer team) was playing and their stadium is in the sector we were in so we could hear the cheering. On the inside I was dying... I wanted to go.
 

2. March 11th. ONE WHOLE YEAR ON THE MISSION. We had a noche de hogar and acted out Lehi´s dream. We had a pretty good turn out and our Haitian investigators came.

 

3. Went to the temple to watch Javiera do baptisms for the dead. She did a family name for me. Ann Snowden. It was really special. I love Javiera.

 

4. Sunday we had a regional conference. The main topics - happiness and covenants.
 

5. We had a missionary fireside. We went and sang. Hermana Aponte came to visit with her family. One thing I learned at the fireside was the power of music. I realized that music might be a way that we can reach the members here. Needless to say the obra missional (missionaries and ward missionaries) are singing a musical number for our ward. We aren't professionals or anything but it doesn't sound that bad.
 

6. We hiked the Quebrada de Macul (a nearby mountain) as a zone. I got a little sunburned. It was beautiful and we were able to do our studies up there. I loved being in nature. I forgot how much I can feel God's love in the beautiful creations that he has made. Being there I was able to ponder and really connect with my Father in heaven.
I love you all and have a great week!


Love,
Hermana Showalter







No comments:

Post a Comment