Tuesday, September 1, 2015

I walked into a pole this week!

I have five months done and going on 6 next week!
Sopapillas and calazones rotos

A yummy lunch we had with a member from Bolivia called saltenas or something like that..



We climbed this dirt hill with the Taylor family.




Hey everyone. Well the nasty cold weather is gone and now there is 70 degree sunny weather and a big smile on my face. This week was an awesome one. Here are the highlights:
1. Well started off the week not so good. I was talking on the phone while walking and I had to look down at something.  Then boom!  I walked right into a pole.  I didn't get hurt or anything but it was a little embarrassing. My companion got a good laugh out of it!

2. This week for lunch a member made us fish. Baked fish. I am not really a fan of fish but I ate some anyways but it was a little gross. Well lets just say I am thankful for plastic bags and big pockets. But it took a day or so and lots of hand sanitizer to make the smell go away from my pocket.
3. An investigator of the other Hermanas got baptized this past Sunday. His name is Francisco. When they asked Francisco who he wanted to baptize him he said ¨Hermana Showalter or Hermana Lopez¨.  Well, we didn't baptize him obviously (Baptisms can only be performed by men who hold the Priesthood), but I find it funny that he wanted one of us over the Hermanas that had taught him.
Francisco's baptism.
4.  We had some really yummy empanadas this week.


Things are going great and everyday I see more and more blessings. God is helping us every step of the way. My faith in my Savior has grown so much and I have a testimony in the principle of enduring until the end.
Love you all,
Hermana Showalter

My district
My Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment