Tuesday, September 22, 2015

EARTHQUAKE!!

 
Hello from the QUAKING country.
I am sure you all have heard about the earthquakes in Chile and I have received many concerned emails so just to let everyone know I AM ALIVE AND BREATHING! The epicenter was actually north of here so there wasn't any damage done in Santiago but it has been shaking quite a bit. There were two or three strong ones here but I am good and the work is going on. It was a  very new experience for me. It was a little scary. But sure made me realize how I really have no control over things and how important it is to rely on the Lord. Wednesday was the big one that you all heard about. At the epicenter the first one was a 7.9 and lasted for 1.5 minutes and the second one was a 8.4 and lasted 50 seconds. Of course the earthquakes where I am weren't that strong so no need to worry. I was really touched by the love and thoughtfulness we received from the people here. We received many texts, calls and  invitations. Hermana Lourdes even had us come over and drink hot chocolate and she emailed my mom. I am so blessed. So more highlights this week:
 
1. We celebrated the 18 of September which was independence day. We ate empanadas, mote con huesillo, asado and lots of tasty treats. We saw them dance the cueca and had a good time. We pretty much party hopped. Visiting investigators, less actives and part families. The same thing on the 19 because they celebrate it for two days!




2. I tried tiramisu, the Mormon kind with caramel instead of coffee and fried yuko.
 
3. I had intercambios.
 
4. Hermana Lopez and I ate some pretty good completos from Dominos.

5Sunday we saw a miracle. We had no appointments and had tried to contact and then go visit some houses. We walked for a long time and at 8 we had no idea who to visit . We decided to pray. Hermana Lopez said a really sincere prayer. Then we followed the impressions we received . Five minutes later we received a call. It was a recent convert who needed our help urgently . And we were close and we could help . I know God answered our prayer. This experience strengthened my testimony and that God loves us and that He is with us.
 
Take care and have a great week
love Hermana Showalter

No comments:

Post a Comment