Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Play that funky music white girl..

Hey everyone! Man this week has been a busy one. Lots of ups and downs and all over the place but as Hermana Saramiento (one of the Hermanas, from Colombia, in the house says ¨its the mission baby, you are going to die¨ But in a really broken English. 
So here are some highlights:
1. We had 2 baptisms in the ward. Not ours but the other Hermanas. They are the couple that got married last week, Pier and Naysha. They are a family of gold.




2. We had not a light in the house for two days so we had a sleepover at a pensions (apartment) that is like an hour away from our sector which means we were out in the streets passed 10:30pm. Don't worry President knew and we weren't breaking any rules but we felt really strange.
3. We had a special meeting with a general authority. Elder Gonzales. It was an amazing meeting. He talked a lot about the Sabbath day and the importance of keeping it holy. It was very inspiring. And I learned so much.
4. A special package arrived from Aunt Shannon and Uncle Tyler. Thank you guys so much. I loved it and  all the kids I shared the goodies with thank you too.
5. Funny moment. So I was walking down the street with my companion of course and there is a guy on a bike across the street and I hear him shout ¨Where my girls at?¨ So I look at him and very quickly look away and them we begin turning the corner and I hear him shout ¨Yeah don't pretend you didn't hear me¨ and then he began singing ¨Play that funky music white girl¨ We had a good laugh!
6. We had to go to the Extranjeria. It is a visa and stuff place because I am slightly illegal right now. All I need to get was a paper but we had to wait 3 hours to get a paper. It took forever but we had an awesome contact and I got to go into inner city Santiago. It was crazy.
7.This p day we went to Villa Grimaldi. It is a torture and imprisonment camp from 1973 to 1990. Little back round story. Chile had so leaders and people who were not very good and during the 70´s and 80´s people sometimes disappeared. No need to worry though Chile is much better now. It was a very interesting place. It made me realize how blessed I really am.
Well that is it folks. have a great week. I love you all!
Hermana Showalter

No comments:

Post a Comment