Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Hair cut!

Hey everyone!
Well this week has been a crazy one.
Starting off with Wednesday. It was cambios. Hermana Lopez and I are still in Violeta Cousiño so no news there. But I did get to see Hermana Stokes, Jose Luis, Hermana Yasna, Hermano Del Castillo and Hermana Marta. My Jose Miguel Carrera Family! It was so good to see them. I miss them a ton but they are doing great. It was such a blessing. And a "shout out" to Jose Luis because he reads my blog! Thursday and Friday we had to enter the house early because on the 11th is golpe del estado which can be a little dangerous. Nothing happens in our sector but rather be safe than sorry. On Thursday we went contacting at the feria (which is like a farmers market- bizarre) and that was a lot of fun. On Saturday were talking to a guy and we gave him a pass a long card with Christ on it and he says ¨Hey I kind of look like him, I look a lot like Jesus¨ And to be honest he kind of did.  I cut my hair really short and today we went shopping at the feria. Lilianna cut my hair and she also made us this cake called pauloua.

 And lastly the miracle of the week. It was a rainy day and we could not find anyone. We had been walking for 4 hours, we wanted to go in and call it quits but we still had an hour and so we decided to go talk to a guard of a neighborhood that likes to talk with us about our message. Well at 9:55, just five minutes before we could go in, a man stops and asks us if we are Mormons. We of course reply yes and then he asks if we know where our church is and if there is a way he could find more about our church. We got so excited and he told us to come and visit him. We haven't had a chance to visit him but the point is to never give up because sometimes the blessings come after some time. Enduring to the end that is what it is all about.
I am super excited about this week because the 18th is Fiesta Patrias which is there Independence day. They eat, dance and party. So stay tuned. Love you all.
Hermana Showalter

No comments:

Post a Comment