Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Lost a name tag and found it plus more..

So, funny story... I lost my name tag and the next day we are walking and look what I found - my name tag!
Hello Everyone!
Well this week was the end of cambios. Hermana Lopez and I surrived a 6 week white washing( meaning both of us are new to the area) and are luckily enough to stick it out another 6 weeks here in Violeta Cousiño. We sent out a recording which my mom should have posted on the blog along with the pictures but if you cant get to it here are some highlights of the week.(Blogspot doesn't do straight audio files, so I have to figure out how post it the audio later.)

1. We had our first ever Mission President fireside this past Sunday. It was really beautiful and the missionaries did a few musical numbers.
2. A recent convert took us out for gelato with her son which was sweet!
3. A bird pooped on my jacket. I was not thrilled about it but my comp sure thought it was funny.
4. Lilianna gave us coconuts to drink and also these things called Zonzos which is Bolivian food a fried potato called yucca with cheese.
5. The sun was hidden this week and we jumped the gun when we put away our coats and tights because they came back out this week,
6. We helped Hermana Lourdes with her garden. It was a lot of fun to switch it up.
7. Today we ate Philly cheese steak empañadas with the Taylor family
And to end on a spiritual note today I was reading in the end of Matthew about the resurrection. I invite you all to read chapters 26 to 28. Reading this really made me grateful for the sacrifice that Jesus made for me. He suffered for me. He knows my pains and He knows your pains. I know that when we are going through trials and challenges He is right next to us helping us through it. Christ is our light and our strength. Walk with him and accept his invitation to follow him.
So that is pretty much it. Hope you all have a great week and I love you all. 
Love 
Hermana Showalter

2 comments:

  1. Esta semana pude ver a Hermana Showater y abrazar ...ella es tan animosa por el 2016 celebrar las fiestas Patrias de CHILE juntas ....Familia Del Castillo Huerta le quiere mucho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esta semana pude ver a Hermana Showater y abrazar ...ella es tan animosa por el 2016 celebrar las fiestas Patrias de CHILE juntas ....Familia Del Castillo Huerta le quiere mucho

    ReplyDelete