Monday, April 27, 2015

Chili and candy...





Hello everyone.

True story.. The other day it was chilly, so we ate chili in Chile... HEHE!



Started this past week off really strong. We had a FHE that every missionary dreams about.  It was at the YM President’s house. We had less-active members, recent converts and investigators all come – a missionary trifecta! The lesson was great and of course the treats were yummy. Yeah, it was awesome - Yay for missionary work, right? 
Hermana Valladares has been out 11 months!

This past week we celebrated Hermana Valladares’ 11 months in the mission. She is the bomb, I love her so much and I told her she is going to have to be my companion until I leave so she has to extend. She laughed and said ok...I don’t think she realized how much I wasn’t kidding.

Anyways we also found this less active and talked to her who just 3 months ago told Hermana Valladares that she wanted nothing to do with us. She was super nice to us and told us to come back. In Chile there are so many less actives. No joke.... It seems every 1 out of 5 people are less actives – well, it sure feels that way.

Hermana Valladares and I pulled a prank on the other sisters in our pension. We left the door a little open and hid behind the couch and jumped out and scared them. They didn’t think it was funny but we sure did.

Hermana Miller is the sweetest. Some nights she leaves chocolate on our study desks and signs a little note saying it is from the chocolate fairy. It is so sweet of her and if you know me I have a huge sweet tooth.

This past Sunday was Stake Conference and it was super great. We even brought a less-active member that we contacted on the street that week. President Wright and his wife spoke about the atonement and how we need to use it to forgive others. Super awesome and a lesson that I learned the hard way.

This past week I had pizza. Finally, some food that I know! It wasn’t quite as good as my New York pizza but hey, I am not complaining. I also had some chocolate flan for dessert this week and I kind of liked it (Mom - don’t get mad now). I didn’t like flan before the mission but now, its actually pretty good. Same with tomatoes now. I guess a mission really does change you…

Ok and now for a funny story. So we have bunk beds and I was sitting on the top. Yeah, cool, right? I go to get off and I put my feet on the bottom bed and some how, not quite sure how, but I fall. Like, completely wipe out and land on my back, all sprawled out. I’m not sure how it happened but yeah. It was really funny, it doesn’t sound funny, but it really was. Oh no… I think that I am becoming like Mallory, lame jokes and all - pretty soon no one will laugh at my jokes. Well, it was funny.

Love you all and thank you for all the prayers. Be good and write me.
Love,
Hermana Showalter

PS..

Candy called MINI BUM.. HEHE!

No comments:

Post a Comment