Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter, no Easter bunny..






Well, 1 month down 17 more to go! It is so crazy how fast time has gone. Happy late Easter to everyone and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Aunt Amanda, Jade, Nora, Lily Uncle Tyler and Uncle Jason, plus any others who I forgot (SORRY)! Well, I missed the Easter bunny this year. Apparently he doesn’t visit Chile. We didn’t really do anything for Easter. But I did watch General Conference (special church meeting held 2 twice a year in Salt Lake City but broadcast to the world), in English, so yeah pretty awesome. I understood EVERY word. Everyday the Spanish gets easier but it is a slow process. A big shout out to Señor O’donnell I don’t even know where I would be with out my previous knowledge of Spanish. I had a meeting for the greenies(new missionaries) I got to see all my friends from the CCM (Missionary Training Center) it was so great to see them.
This past Wednesday there was a little earthquake. (Mom don’t worry it was tiny and I was at church so that makes me safe). So apparently here it is a huge compliment to be called a Barbie and I am proud to say I have received the compliment 3 times. Don’t worry it was by some hermanas in the ward (church) and then a really sweet disabled 12 year old boy in the ward. This past week we ate at the Tolozas house 3 times! They are my family away from my family. Hermano Jose Luis and his wife Hermana Yasna are saints. He was just baptized in January and she was a less active before. They have 3 kids both have a kid from their previous marriage and then they have Coni who is 11, their other kids names are Dil (17) and Pedro (23). Pedro is a less active and Dil was baptized with his dad. Hermana Yasna´s mom Hermana Elsa also lives with them. They take good care of me here. You know what I don’t get? Everyone has at least 2 pets. Cats and dogs are everywhere. I have never seen so many in my life.
Mom you would be proud of me. I eat whatever I am given. Everyone knows I don’t really like tomatoes, seafood and jello. Well I have been blessed to eat all of that yummy stuff on multiple occasions. I’m not complaining though. Beggars cant be choosers and tomatoes aren’t so bad now. Yesterday was a hard day. We found out last night that one of our investigators wants to stop discussions because he felt like he got an answer from God to go back to his church. He is an evangelist. It was hard letting him go. I came to love him and to see him walk away from something as great as the gospel is so dang hard. I pray that he will come back. All I can do is wait and love him. Hope you all have a great week. Love you all and I am not opposed to letters or packages...just saying
Love,
Hermana Showalter
P.S.  treats and cards are always appreciated

No comments:

Post a Comment