Monday, April 20, 2015

"T' was I but Tis not I" one of my favorite quotes from General Conference


My companion is a Hermana leader which means I have divisions (splits with other companionships) every week. This week I was with Hermana Sullenger. another gringa! We spoke English and it was the best. It is so nice to be able to talk and not really have to strain my brain (gringas problems). We had sopapillas which are super delicious but don’t ask me what they are because I don’t even know.
They don't have dinner here but they have “once” (pronounced “own-say” like the number 11 in spanish)​. It is normally pan (bread) and empañadas and tea. It is super yummy. We had once with the Tolozas this week. This past Monday we surprised the Tolozas and brought over a cake and a game for noche de hogar (FHE). We had so much fun.
I had a meeting everyday this week except Monday because missionary work equals meetings.
You know how every missionary has that story that they knock on somebody’s door and the person was like, oh my gosh, I asked god for help and he sent you. Yeah well I have that story: her name is Teowalda and she is this sweet old lady that has been looking for more in her life. Her daughter is struggling and her husband is either dead or they are divorced. Anyway she is all alone and she felt like she was missing something. Anyways I am so excited to watch her progress and get the peace she needs in her life.
One of the sisters that lives in the pensión with us grandfather died Saturday. It was really hard for her. Please keep her in your prayers. Her name is Hermana Martin. She is so strong and brave and keeps going but I know that she is really hurting right now.
Well I have now officially completed a month in the field, so yay!
One of my favorite quotes from General conference was “T´was I but Tís not I”.
That is what is so amazing about the atonement. We have the opportunity to change who we are and what we do. We don’t have to be the people we once were. We do not have to suffer and feel pain because Christ is our savior and is there for us. I am so thankful for the savior in my life. I know that Christ is my savior and that I am a child of God. I know he loves me. I testify that this church is true and can bring the peace and the joy we need in this life to us. The atonement is a gift in our lives. Use the gift and always remember that He lives and He is here with us always. Let him in.
Besos y Galletas (kisses and cookies)
Hermana Showalter

PS No pictures forgot my camera.. next week I promise

No comments:

Post a Comment