Monday, March 30, 2015

First week out

Hermana Valladares

View from my 18th story window!
My address
Hermana Maddison Showalter
Misión Chile Santiago Este 
Cristóbal Colón 6824
Region Metropolitana
Las Condes Santiago Chile

Well I am now in the field and WOW the CCM did not prepare me for this. No more classes and breaks. I am in the real world. Good news two more people thought I look Chilean and then I spoke... That makes a total of three people.  Leaving the CCM was really hard but it was time. My trainer Hermana Valladares is awesome. She is from Honduras and is 25 years old. She was a dentist before her mission and has four sisters. My mission president said is is one of the best missionaries out in the field and to learn from her. She is amazing and so hard working. I want to be just like her. I am not going to lie, this week was pretty hard for me. I felt like I was riding a roller coaster, I had some highs and some lows. I love this gospel so much. We have one investigator Madelaena who just prayed to know if the restoration happened and she said that she knows it is true. Miracles are unfolding in front of my eyes. The language is hard but everyday I am improving. However my English is getting worse. I am in Trinidad and there are 230 people in the ward with 6 sister missionaries. We all live together in an apartment on the 18th floor. At times it is a little crowed but they are super awesome. 2 of them are gringos so I get to speak English. The food here is so delicious. The members feed us lunch and we don't eat dinner because the lunch is so much. I have been humbled, one member who fed us had her house insulated by cardboard and packing tape. Feeding us was not easy for her but she did it willingly. I am blessed to be able to serve these people. 

Love always,
Hermana Showalter

This is another shorter letter, she wrote in response to some questions I had: 

Asthma is fine.
Here is a basic schedule:
wake up at seven thirty
exercise
get ready
studying until 1
lunch around 2
out in the field until 10
bed at 11:30

The food is so yummy for the most part but so much. Don't worry I bring containers so I don't have to eat it all. I miss normal tasting water. I broke down and bought bottled water today.
I wouldn't be opposed to a package with some treats...
I'm glad you are doing well. Miss you lots. No i didn't take Mallory's jacket. That was a great letter from Elder Knudson.  Yes, send me pics. Keep me in your prayers. This week was really hard for me. There were times where I just wanted to go home but I am going to tough it out. I love you with my whole heart. Don't worry the members and my companions are taking good care of me.
They pronounce my name cho waltar
Love always,
Hermana Showalter

No comments:

Post a Comment