Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The First week at the CCM (MTC)!

Its crazy to think how much time has gone by.
Well Hermana Pulson and I arrived a day later than everyone. Apparently the people who schedule our trip made a mistake but it is all good. We got in Thursday(12th) morning took a shower and went straight into classes. It was a long day. I'm here at the CCM (MTC) in Chile with 48 other missionaries. My companion is Hermana Delgado and she is from Peru. She is so patient with me especially when my Spanish isn't the best. The classes are all in Spanish and sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming. Sometimes I understand everything and I can participate and sometimes I feel like my head is going to explode. Hermana Carlson is the only other gringo with me who will only be in CCM for 2 weeks, the others will be in 6 weeks. She really understands me. I pray everyday for God to give my strength. I have improved so much, full immersion in the language really is the best way to learn. One teacher even thought I was from Chile, not because I spoke well though... he thought I looked like a Chilean. Which is pretty cool. The classes are great but sometimes it is frustrating because I can´t share my insights, One highlight was we played big booty in class! My teacher knew it so we taught the Latinos how to play. Also the Americans are teaching some English to the Latinos. It is pretty funny to see the roles reversed for a change.  All the Latinos actually think I am pretty funny (which is a nice change from back home). We get to go the temple today which I live right next to. I am so excited but a little nervous.The food here is amazing!!!!! But I am missing my mom´s cooking. President Doll, the CCM president and his wife are awesome I love them. Every morning we get to walk to a park to exercise. I love it. The Elders and a few of the Hermanas play sports. We have played soccer, basketball and kickball. It is my favorite part of the day but it is really hard to play without contact. I saw James!!!!!!! Yesterday he was in the comedor(dining room). I ran up and almost gave him a hug. He has a picture so I imagine Sister Slazak will have it. I started crying. Seeing him made me pretty homesick and the rest of the day was hard. He looks great and is even training a missionary. I´m so proud of him. We had family home evening on Sunday and Sister Doll made really good cookies while we played a game. The mission is so much fun but it is so hard at times. But when I first got here I felt the spirit so strong and I got a conformation that I needed to be here. This is where I am supposed to be. My days are emotional roller coasters but when I go to bed each night I feel true joy. In the CCM our p days are Tuesdays but I won´t be able to write to you guys next week because I´m already going out into the field. I wish I could write to all of you separately but I only have an hour to read and write to you all. I want you all to know how much I love you. Please keep me in your prayers because sometimes I struggle. 
love Hermana Showalter

1 comment:

  1. So exciting to hear what's happening. So far! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete