Tuesday, July 12, 2016

I know I say it every week but time is passing WAY TOO FAST. Ahhh.

Hey everyone. Another week come and gone. I know I say it every week but time is passing WAY TOO FAST. Ahhh.

Tuesday. We met a really sweet less active that wants to return to church. She shared with us her testimony. It was sweet. It was a kind of a rough day for us because my companion got some bad news from her home.

Wednesday. Interviews with President and Hermana Morgan. I love them. President said, " The changes you have made are not changes to be a missionary but are changes to become a better disciple of Jesus Christ. You can take these changes home with you." We ate lunch with familia Martin ( you pronounce their name Martawn because it is french). Then we visited Hermana Veronica and Marcos and Cecilia.

Thursday. So we had no citas so we walked all day trying to find people. So we had a list of people. We decided to pass for a less active that we have never met before named Gladys. She invited us in. She told us her story and turns out after she was baptized and only active for a year and a half. We started talking about temples and she told us with tears in her eyes that she wants that peace. She told us that she did something that has effected her for so much time and has hurt her and her family. We were able to testify of the power of the atonement. It was one of the most spiritual lessons that I have had on the mission. I know that God sent us there because she told us normally she is never in the house at that time that normally she gets home from work late.

Friday. So I had a meeting on self sufficiency with all the missionaries going home this change. I learned more about studies and budgeting. Then we found 2 investigators from El Salvador, Jorge and Maribel.

Saturday. For lunch we ate Pupusa which is typical dish from El Salvador. Our investigators made them for us. They were so good! Then we visited the hermanas in Macul 2.





Sunday.  I gave a talk. It was kind of big deal because missionaries haven't given talks in a really long time. But the bishop felt inspired to ask me. I feel pretty special and honored. So I gave a talk on how the restoration applies to us. All our appointments fell so we spent a good time walking. But one conserje(like a apartment manager) said to an Asian lady that we were "elders that talked about Buddah" hahaha'

Monday. District class. I hit my 16 MONTH mark. Wow. Time goes fast.

Tuesday. Pday. I finished up buying gifts and then some hermanas came over and we ate tacos and bem casados which is a Brazilian dessert.



I love you all and I appreciate the love and support.

Have an amazing week.

Hermana Showalter

No comments:

Post a Comment