Tuesday, August 11, 2015

5 months!!! Lots of pictures.

 
5 months living here!
Look at the snow on the mountains!

Today I officially have five months on the mission / Chile! Which is so crazy. Time has gone so dang fast. 
 
So this week I have been walking a lot less and teaching more people in their homes. Yay! I come home every night a little less tired. We have a gringo family in our ward from Texas and their daughter got home from her mission Saturday which was pretty cool. Also they fed us this week and we had chicken fajitas. IT WAS SO DELICIOUS because it was not the usual chicken and rice. SO GOOD. 
 
We also  had divisions this week which is where I switch companions for a day. I went with Hermana Cook and we had a good time.  We had lots of family home evenings (a family night with a lesson, game and normally a treat). One family, family Avendaño, we had a super fun FHE with them and then ate completos. So yummy. 
Sister Cook and I
 
Lots of rain this week and missionary work is not exactly the most fun in the rain but Hermana Lopez and I still managed to have a good time. 
Is it a road or a river?
 
 
Yesterday was Hermana Reynold's birthday so we made her some french toast and celebrated. 
 
Today we got our hair cuts and made some BLTs. It has been a while since I have had a good sandwich. 
Hair cut!
 
 
We are teaching a guy named Benjamin. He is a scientist and definitely the hardest person that I have ever taught because he isn't sure if God is real. I know with a little time he will open his heart and know that God is real and that our message is true. 
Anyways love you all. Have a great week.
 
Love,
Hermana Showalter
 
PS.
 Here are some pictures of graffiti around town that I thought fun or cool. Plus, a dog that has the same name as my mom.
This one says the drug today is phones!


I can't help if I was born in Australia!

So, this is a dog named Mindi..(Sorry mom)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment